Free open source SketchUp alternative: OpenJScad
- free SketchUp Make 2017 is the last free version, and the last version to work with WINE.
- From SketchUp 2018 onward, only paid SketchUp Pro is available to download. At this time, SketchUp 2018 doesn’t work due to it’s 64-bit only and .NET 4.5 doesn’t currently work on 64-bit WINE.
- my.SketchUp, a cloud/web browser based SketchUp is the only free version available.
Wine ≥ 2 is required for SketchUp ≥ 2017.
- Download SketchUp Make 2017, the Windows 64 bit edition.
- setup Windows 7 64-bit Wineprefix (that’s the default for WINE 2.x).
- Installer will ask to install .NET 4.5, which takes several minutes (the progress bar will advance).
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_sketchup wine SketchUpMake-2017-2-2555-90782-en-x64.exe
Sketchup ≤ 2016
- Download Sketchup 2016 Windows 32-bit 2. install Sketchup with WINE:
To fix error
SketchUp was unable to initialize OpenGL
when trying to use SketchUp under WINE on Linux or Windows,
edit the key:
to have a value of 1.