Travis CI Continuous Integration service (self-check code on each
git push) has free private builds for educational users, and free public builds for all.
Free continuous integration services
- free Travis CI can build on MacOS and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 currently).
- free continuous integration solution building on Linux, Mac and Windows is from Gitlab.
- free Windows build CI solution is Appveyor.
- Codeship is another CI choice.
Continuous integration examples
Travis-CI can compile in almost any language, across operation system versions and compiler versions.
Here are a few categories of simple multi-platform builds.
Quick Start Travis-CI
- Create a free travis-ci.org account–perhaps using your Github credentials
- add a repository to Travis-CI
- copy a
.travis.ymltemplate from one of the examples above–for Python, a
tests/test.pyfile is expected. Make some very simple test, perhaps look at one of the examples for ideas.
The key point is that Travis CI considers only
stderr == / != 0 for pass/fail:
A third case is an ERROR in setup, perhaps a misconfigured
setup.py in your project or missing prereq.