N1MM Logger is popular amateur radio contest logging software designed for Windows. It’s also readily usable on Linux using WINE. This was tested using WINE in Windows 7 mode, since Windows XP is not supported for Windows XP.
- Install WINE if you don’t have it already.
- Set WINE to Windows 7 mode under
if you desire, create a new Wineprefix.
- Install .NET 4.0 in WINE
- Download and run N1MM Full Install
- Download and run N1MM latest update
- Start and configure N1MM Logger as per the directions for your particular contest.
N1MM can interface with your radio to pull out the frequency/mode for the log. You’ll need to map the serial port via softlinks and then select that COM port in N1MM Logger.