opkg install tar wget https://repo.continuum.io/miniconda/Miniconda3-latest-Linux-x86.sh bash Miniconda3-latest-Linux-x86.sh
Now you can use all the very easy to use conda goodness of Miniconda to trivially install packages like Numpy, SciPy, OpenCV, etc. on the Intel Edison.
conda update conda conda install numpy scipy astropy
OpenCV with Python on Intel Edison
opkg install opencv
Yes that’s using system Python 2.7 and OpenCV 2.4, which uses 62 MB of space on your
Currently the conda-forge channel doesn’t have OpenCV 3 for linux-32, which is what the Intel Edison needs.
I didn’t try:
- Miniconda Python 2.7 with OpenCV 2.4
- compiling opencv (this might better done with bitbake on a normal PC)
Notes on installing Miniconda Python on Intel Edison
- if it isn’t using your python when you type
is in both
- The Intel Edison is a 32-bit CPU, so use 32-bit Miniconda Python.
- We need GNU Tar because Busybox tar doesn’t have the needed tar option
--no-same-owner, and it’s not compatible with GNU tar archives (!)