Blackberry Hub+ covers most business communication needs, including
- primary work and personal email and multiple calendars
- Slack, Skype, Twitter, SMS, LinkedIn
- notification email addresses
Vital features include:
- reply to emails from Wear OS smartwatch
- use distinct signatures for replies and forwards
- encrypted email SMIME
- Eliminate duplicate calendar notifications: Android Settings → Accounts → Google and disable sync Calendar for each account. Leave the Blackberry Hub+ calendar sync enabled of course.
I tried Microsoft Outlook on Android for three weeks in August 2016 and a week in June 2017. Outlook for Android calendaring requires internet to save/show events, which is unacceptable in a dynamic mobile world where internet is not available. In contrast, Blackberry Hub+ stores/shows new/changed events (done on the phone) immediately even when the Internet is not available, syncing when connectivity is available.
Android ≥ 5.0 can use Blackberry Hub+, including fingerprint authentication.
I wish Blackberry Hub+ supported Outlook “Clutter” and Archiving in general. I get a lot of email from constantly changing groups of collaborators, students, and future prospects. Not to mention the avalanche of receipts, reminders, newsletters, and notifications.
- Google Inbox is pretty good at sorting Priority / Inbox / Low Priority / Spam email
- Microsoft Office separates email into Focused / Inbox / Clutter / Spam.
- Blackberry Hub+ has only 2 levels of email: general/spam.
Outlook for Android app can recognize Priority vs. All email, and I wish Blackberry Hub+ would do so.