- distributing per-platform optimized libraries
- prioritized channels resolve version conflicts–thereby avoiding Python package dependency hell
channel priority order
is ordered by which channel appears first (highest) in
You can just type in channel names or comment/delete them.
conda install command will then redirect affected packages to the new priority order.
By definition, conda channels are the same across conda environments. To install packages from a third-party conda channel without bothering your other environments:
- temporarily add the channel(s) to
- install the packages in the environment
- comment/delete the third-party channels