Intel Distribution for Python utilizes the
package manager, set to the
- Intel Python uses highly accelerated math library versions of popular packages like Numpy, Scikit-learn, etc. reside.
- Intel Python is slow to update to new library versions. Anaconda updates within a couple days, but Intel might take weeks or months to update the libraries.
Note that stadard Anaconda/Miniconda already gives MKL performance in some libraries like Numpy and Scipy. I still use the regular Anaconda/Miniconda (instead of Intel Python) to get updated libraries with most of them having MKL.
- Download Stand-Alone Intel Python 3.6
- Extract and Install as User with
which installs to
- Add to
- Open a new Terminal and enjoy accelerated Intel Python 3.6
As usual with conda
conda install spyder
Fix broken history up arrow
If the up arrow for Python command history is broken, instead giving
^[[A, this can be fixed by
apt install rlwrap
- add to
alias python="rlwrap python"
That won’t bother other Pythons like system Python