There are two ways to use TeXstudio LaTeX GUI in Windows:
- Native Windows
- Windows Subsystem for Linux.
Windows Subsystem for Linux
My preferred method for LaTeX editing on Windows is to use WSL GUI and then
apt install texstudio
Optional: latest version
To use the latest version of TeXstudio:
- download TeXstudio
- remove existing old TeXstudio
apt remove texstudio texstudio-data
- install latest TeXstudio that you downloaded
all the references are
you need to (re)compile your
.bib file by pressing F8 in TeXstudio.
Watch for error messages
MiKTeX install package
This popup occurs when compiling a new document with packages it uses that you don’t have yet. You can uncheck “ask me each time” if you are comfortable with that and want to stop seeing the popups.
Fix “package not found”
- press the Windows key then type Package Manger and click on the MiKTeX icon to open the package manager.
- click Repository/Synchronize.
- install the missing package.