TeXstudio Windows Subsystem for Linux
My preferred method for LaTeX editing on Windows is to use WSL GUI and then
apt install texstudio
If you wish to install the latest version of downloaded TeXstudio
apt remove texstudio texstudio-data gdebi texstudio*amd64.deb
The rest of this page pertains to native Windows install of TeXstudio.
TeXstudio native Windows install
- Download/Install MiKTeX (the default options are generally fine). It takes a few minutes to download and then when installing it takes a few more minutes to download packages (assuming you have a high speed internet connection).
- Download/Install TeXstudio
all the references are
you need to (re)compile your
.bib file by pressing F8 in TeXstudio.
Watch for error messages
popups from MiKTeX asking you to install a new package
This typically occurs when compiling a new document and there’s packages it uses that you don’t have yet. You can uncheck “ask me each time” if you are comfortable with that and want to stop seeing the popups.
Windows TeXstudio error: package not found
- press the Windows key then type Package Manger and click on the MiKTeX icon to open the package manager.
- click Repository/Synchronize.
- install the missing package.