GNU Radio series e.g. 3.7 are supported for about 2 years. This means that old and obsolete libraries are required, which can become frustrating as a new release is awaited (as we are for GR 3.8)
GR 3.8 is removing 10 lines of code for every 1 line of code added. Multi-year old bugs were never found due to sheer size of codebase.
- GR 3.8 scheduled for Dec 2016 release.
- Key GR 3.8 contributors include: Tom Rondeau, Sean Nolan, Andy Walls, Nick Foster
- 3.7.11 final release of 3.7, will have deprecation notes for 3.8.
- GR 3.7 had ~40 developers.
Big changes for GNU Radio 3.8
- C++11–not quite yet but soon
- Python 3 AND Python 2.7 support
- obsolete, unmaintained
python-cheetahis being replaced with
- removing wxGUI
- QT5, GTK3
- migration of architecture to distributed, away from single PC run model
- move GRC from being Python script generator to realtime flowgraph development environment