From my informal data collection (N=32), electrical engineering senior design capstones had the following overall course lengths:
|3 sem.||2 sem. / 3 quar.||1 sem.|
|9 %||84 %||6 %|
This is three “full” semesters. Quarter-based courses are in another category.
- Michigan Tech Enterprise option with student company over several semesters
- Colorado School of Mines combines students from the Civil, EE, ME & Environmental. Weekly 30-40 minute per team meeting.
- U. of N. Texas two semester
- Temple U. ENGR4169/4196
- UIC ECE396/397
- Georgia Tech
- UT Austin
- U Colorado Boulder
- Texas A & M ECEN 403/404, requires $15K sponsor donation
- Mississippi State ECE 4512/4522
- U Kentucky
- U Arkansas
- Louisiana State EE 4810/4820
- Union College Individual
- Northeastern Univ. > 80% project success rate
- Boston Univ.
- Ohio State Univ. ENGR 5901/5902
- Tufts Univ
- Harvard Univ ES100
- Worcester Polytech Inst. “Major Qualifying Project (MQP)”
- Washington State
- Univ. of Washington EE 400
- Ohio Univ, EE 4953/4963
- Virginia Tech ECE 4805/4806
- New Jersey Inst. Tech. ECE 414/416
- Oregon State Oct-May, $5K sponsor donation, individual to three person teams
Although I didn’t check each one in depth, normally I assume 3-6 person teams.