Photran is a Fortran IDE GUI based on Eclipse.
Photran works with
gfortran or Intel
Note: the Eclipse version obtained via
apt install is usually much too old.
- Download/install the current Eclipse version. In this example, “Oxygen” (Eclipse 4.6) was used.
- Extract and run the Eclipse installer (no sudo needed)
tar xf eclipse-inst-linux64.tar.gz ./eclipse-installer/eclipse-installer
- Select “Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers”. It will install into
- add t
- If using Intel Fortran compiler
ifort, be sure
source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
- Open a new Terminal. Type
eclipseto open the Eclipse IDE.
- From Eclipse IDE, click Help→Install New Software
- in “work with” pick your currently installed version (here, Oxygen)
- Uncheck the “hide items that are already installed”
- Type “fortran” in the search box, and select under Programming Language → “Fortran Development Tools (Photran)” and “Linux Intel Fortran Compiler Support”