Because of the rapidly growing CMake feature set, Fortran users are encouraged to use the latest CMake version.
This will get you the latest release of CMake. For Linux and Mac, admin/sudo is NOT required.
- Linux: Download/build/install Cmake 3 using cmake_setup.py
brew install cmakeor use .dmg
- Windows: use Windows win64-x64 installer
CMake major versions
CMAKE_GENERATORenvironment variable works like
ctest --progress, better Matlab compiler support, lots of new linking options, fixes to Fortran
- 3.12: transitive library specification (out of same directory), full Fortran Submodule support
- 3.11: specify targets initially w/o sources
- 3.10: added Fortran Flang (LLVM) compiler, extensive MPI features added
- 3.9: further C# and Cuda support originally added in CMake 3.8.
- 3.8: Initial Cuda support
- 3.7: comparing ≤ ≥ , initial Fortran submodule support
- 3.6: better OpenBLAS support
- 3.5: Enhanced
FindBoosttarget with auto Boost prereqs
- 3.4: Limit CPU usage when using
ctest -jparallel tests
- 3.3: List operations such as