Cygwin 2.895 added a long-awaited better UI that enabled easy cycling of program versions. Sometimes the newest version of a program needed is not the default!
- Cygwin 64-bit installs easily and runs well on Windows 10.
- Cygwin packages such as SSH, Python, Octave, git, etc. are kept up to date.
- Cygwin SSH server on Windows has been robust for me in high stakes situations.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux is Microsoft-installed Ubuntu terminal window with full performance. WSL is not a virtual machine, and is generally faster than Cygwin.
- git for Windows Command Prompt.
- tips on Python and Cygwin including using a graphical Cygwin desktop.