The Amtrak Legacy Club in Chicago Union Station (open 9 AM - 9 PM) is located in the southwest corner of the Great Hall. It is designed for pay-access customers. Business/sleeper class/Select Plus customers have a separate First Class Metropolitan Lounge included in their ticket price.
That is, there are two luxury lounges off the Chicago Union Station Great Hall:
- Amtrak Legacy Club: day pass or member, bar, luxury environment, meeting space. No need for train ticket.
- Amtrak Metropolitan Lounge: departing Sleeper/Business/Select Plus/Select Executive only, no day pass.
Amtrak Legacy Club Admission Prices
- $20/day (in/out privileges)
You do not have to be a train passenger to purchase Legacy Club access. You can bring up to 4 guests with you for the single admission price if you just want a calm place to have meetings / work / healthy drinks & snacks.
Amtrak Legacy Club Amenities
- Two satellite TVs with closed captioning
- Video games (Playstation 4, Wii)
- board games
- nice bathrooms
- Priority boarding ($10 extra for monthly/yearly)
- fountain dispenser of sparkling, cold, or room temperature water
- Starbucks coffee, tea, or hot chocolate
- Numerous refrigerated single-serving drinks from Pellagrina, plus juices and soft drinks
- Bottled and tap alcoholic beverages at happy hour
- Numerous healthy snacks like pretzels, flavored pretzels, veggie straws, and the like
- breath mints
- lunchtime and afternoon, Bottled drinks and Keginator.
- 16 workstations
- 16 pairs of 120 Vac power outlets
- no Ethernet
- free Wifi
Amtrak Legacy Club Wifi
- 2.4 and 5GHz WPA2-PSK
- strong signal, decent speeds
- allows SSH, VPN, YouTube, etc.
- Network does not appear to be segmented (I can ping my phone from my PC).
- Only single BSSID visible.