The Amtrak Legacy Club in Chicago Union Station (open 9AM-9PM) is located in the southwest corner of the Great Hall.
$20/day (in/out privileges)
You do not have to be a train passenger to purchase Legacy Club access. You can bring up to 4 guests with you for the single admission price if you just want a calm place to have meetings / work / healthy drinks & snacks.
Two satellite TVs with closed captioning
Video games (Playstation 4, Wii)
Priority boarding ($10 extra for monthly/yearly)
- fountain dispenser of sparkling, cold, or room temperature water
- Starbucks coffee, tea, or hot chocolate
- Numerous refrigerated single-serving drinks from Pellagrina, plus juices and soft drinks
- Bottled and tap alcoholic beverages at happy hour
- Numerous healthy snacks like pretzels, flavored pretzels, vegetable straws, and the like
- breath mints
- lunchtime and afternoon, Bottled drinks and Keginator.
- 16 workstations
- 16 pairs of 120 Vac power outlets
- no Ethernet
- Wifi included
- 2.4 and 5GHz WPA2-PSK
- strong signal, decent speeds
- allows SSH, VPN, YouTube, etc.
- Network does not appear to be segmented (I can ping my phone from my PC).
- Only single BSSID visible.
Sleeper / Business Class
On June 27 2016 a second, separate luxury space opened for Sleeper Class and Business Class passengers on the East side of the Great Hall. This $8 million 13,500 sq. ft. space is divided into five zones with unique modern architecture. There are two showers for each gender with heated floors. The original 1925 Chicago Union Station men’s lounge also included showers, but is now an employee locker room and parking garage access. Access complementary with Sleeper / Business train ticket or Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus/Select Executive membership.
That is, there are two luxury lounges off the Chicago Union Station Great Hall as of June 2016:
Legacy Club: day pass or member, bar, luxury environment, meeting space. No need for train ticket.
First Class Club: departing Sleeper/Business/Select Plus/Select Executive only, no day pass.